- Anzeige -

Kabelanschluss

In dieses Forum kommen Themen über Unitymedia hinein, die nicht in andere Foren passen.

Kabelanschluss

Beitragvon xristina » 13.12.2010, 17:36

Hi and apologies for writing in English. I have bought a 3play and was informed by a subcontractor of UM that I also need to buy a cable connection. (I hadn't realised that I would have to do this separately after buying the 3play contract). However, I am not willing to pay 19,90 euros extra per month to have digital tv. What I would like to ask is why would all the houses next to mine pay only 3.90 euros per month for the cable cotnract, whereas in my address I would need to pay 19.90 euros per month? When I checked on the UM website it said:

An Ihrer Adresse gilt ein besonderer Servicevertrag. Im Produkt DigitalTV BASIC mit Service ist z. B. die Wartung der kompletten Verkabelung im Haus und Beseitung aller vom Kunden gemeldeten Störungen in der Anlage vom Übergabepunkt bis einschließlich der Anschlussdose enthalten. (+ 3 Monate DigitalTV FAMILY kostenlos testen)

What is that supposed to mean? I would be grateful for your insight!

Many thanks!
xristina
Kabelneuling

Re: Kabelanschluss

Beitragvon oxygen » 13.12.2010, 17:45

a property owner can decide if the costs for cable connection are automatically included in the additional property expenses.
In your case it's not, instead a special agreement exists which forces you to pay the 20 euros...

If you are not willing to pay the additional fee, you choose 2play internet/phone only.

Telekom Entertain IP VDSL50 mit IPv6/IPv4-Dual-Stack Router: Netgear DGNB3800B
Früher: Unitymedia
oxygen
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon Matrix110 » 13.12.2010, 18:28

You got the option to only order 2Play, which means that you don't have to pay the additional 19,90€ but in exchange can not watch TV via cable you would only get Internet and Phone.
(This is done to compete with the DSL Providers)

TV via Satellite is a good option for you as you can get more programs in English (if you are living here in Germany long enough to justify the initial investment of >= 200€ and your landlord allows the installation of a Sat Antenna or you have a Balcony facing south(and free sight to the sky))
Matrix110
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon xristina » 13.12.2010, 19:32

thank you very much for your prompt replies.

oxygen hat geschrieben:a property owner can decide if the costs for cable connection are automatically included in the additional property expenses.

does this mean that the people living in the houses next to mine pay this additional 20 euros within their rent?

the subcontractor said that he would need to put a filter to my cable connection so as not to be able to watch digital tv. Doesn'T that mean that there is already a cable connection in the house?

Matrix110 hat geschrieben:You got the option to only order 2Play, which means that you don't have to pay the additional 19,90€ but in exchange can not watch TV via cable you would only get Internet and Phone.

yes, I guess the option is to get the 2play but would I need to cancel first the 3play officially (end the contract), or can I just ask to switch?

Many thanks again
xristina
Kabelneuling

Beitragvon gordon » 13.12.2010, 21:47

xristina hat geschrieben:does this mean that the people living in the houses next to mine pay this additional 20 euros within their rent?

Probably much less. Since the landlord is the only billing contact for unitymedia, he is given a discount for basic cable service, which he can relay to his tennants

xristina hat geschrieben:the subcontractor said that he would need to put a filter to my cable connection so as not to be able to watch digital tv. Doesn'T that mean that there is already a cable connection in the house?

there is, but usage of it requires a contract. Analogue Cable TV is a bit like electricity lines or water tubes to your home - you can't remotely disconnect a house from the network, but you have to lock it at the premises instead

xristina hat geschrieben:yes, I guess the option is to get the 2play but would I need to cancel first the 3play officially (end the contract), or can I just ask to switch?

well, if you ordered online, via phone or via a salesperson who come to your home (i.e. any sales channel but retail), you are allowed to cancel your contract within 14 days after it has been installed and activated. So if you're within that period, you can either cancel right away, or first ask to be downgraded to 2Play, and if they won't comply, threaten to cancel. ;)
gordon
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon oxygen » 13.12.2010, 22:41

xristina hat geschrieben:
oxygen hat geschrieben:a property owner can decide if the costs for cable connection are automatically included in the additional property expenses.

does this mean that the people living in the houses next to mine pay this additional 20 euros within their rent?

Simplfied yes. Usually the analogue cable connection is included in the rent which costs 16,90 euro per month (that fullfills the requiriements for 3play). the 3,90 euro are the costs for a upgrade from analogue to digital when not using 3play where it's already included. (the upgrade is only a settop box and a smartcard to decrypt the digital stations... the cable system stays the same).

Telekom Entertain IP VDSL50 mit IPv6/IPv4-Dual-Stack Router: Netgear DGNB3800B
Früher: Unitymedia
oxygen
Glasfaserstrecke

Zurück zu Unitymedia allgemein